Fujifilm XF 50-140mm f2.8 WR OIS Fujinon Lens
The FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR has a focal length equivalent to 76-213mm*1, and a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the range. With a lens construction of 23 glass elements in 16 groups, which features five ED lens elements, and one Super ED lens element with low dispersion characteristics comparable to a fluorite lens, chromatic aberrations have been substantially reduced. Furthermore, the use of a new Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology ensures this high-performance optic delivers results befitting its flagship XF telephoto zoom lens status.
The length of the lens barrel remains constant throughout the entire zoom range, and features a weather resistant and dust-resistant finish that can also work in temperatures as low as -10°C. Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor, a unique image stabilization algorithm and the bright F2.8 aperture hand-holding is possible in a wider range of conditions, while the world’s first Triple Linear Motor allows comfortable shooting with fast, quiet autofocusing.
Optical design for flagship telephoto zoom image quality
- To deliver the best image quality in its class, this luxurious telephoto zoom uses an optical construction comprising 23 glass elements in 16 groups, with five ED lens elements and one Super ED lens element comparable to a fluorite lens. This maximizes the reduction of chromatic aberrations and delivers high resolving power.
- Applying Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light.
- Like other XF lenses, seven rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. An optical design has been used to produce beautiful bokeh at both front and back.
- An inner zooming mechanism means the lens does not change length so the lens’ balance remains the same throughout the zoom range.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body*3 with Lens Modulation Optimizer*2 (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*4 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
High-speed, quiet autofocus thanks to the world’s first Triple Linear Motor
- An Inner Focusing System*5 is used for high-speed AF. By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mounting the Triple Linear Motor at intervals of 120°, high-speed, quiet AF is possible. Faster AF is possible when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations.
- As AF operates using a signal from the imaging sensor, extremely high-precision focusing is possible.
- With a minimum working distance of 1m for the entire zoom range, this lens is also great for close ups.
The best image stabilisation performance in its class
- Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor and unique algorithm that cancels drift due to temperature changes, the XF50-140mm delivers the best image stabilization performance in its class. Combined with a bright F2.8 aperture, handholding is now possible in new areas for a telephoto zoom.ã€€
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and freezeproof to -10°C low-temperature operation
- By applying seals to each portion of the barrel, the lens is weather-resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation, making it the perfect companion for the X-T1, which has the same levels of protection.
High build quality and comfortable operation
- Both the focus and aperture rings are metal, plus metal is also used on the exterior of the lens body for a high-quality finish. Thanks to long-term experience and broaden know-how for other top-end professional lens fields such as Broadcasting and CinemaScope, the texture and torque on the rings makes for comfortable shooting even for delicate manual focusing. The lens mount is made from brass for improved strength.
- Combined with a camera body, the lens is approximately 60% of the weight of a full-size system*6, considerably reducing the burden on the photographer.
- The AF+MF function enables seamless manual focusing. After pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustments can then be made using the manual focus ring.*7
Fujifilm XF 1.4X TC WR Fujinon Teleconverter
The "FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF1.4X TC WR" is a high-performance teleconverter capable of multiplying the focal length of compatible lenses*1 by 1.4x. When mounted, the teleconverter increases the lens’ aperture by one f-stop, however its sophisticated optical design constructed of 7 elements in 3 groups maintains the optical performance of the original lens. Additionally, thanks to the unified design when mounted to a compatible lens*1, the teleconverter is weather and dust-resistant and operates at temperatures as low as -10°C. This ensures it can be used with confidence outdoors with the weather and dust-resistant X-T1 camera body and XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR lens.
*1 Compatible lenses (As of October 21st, 2015)
XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR ⇒ 70-196mmF4 with teleconverter mounted (Equivalent to 107-299mm on a 35mm format)
High image quality design which maintains the optical performance of the original lens
- The teleconverter’s construction of 7 elements in 3 groups maintains the optical performance of the original lens
- By using the optimum image quality parameters for the overall characteristics of the original lens and 1.4x teleconverter, an excellent imaging performance with great aberration suppression can be achieved even when the focal length is multiplied by 1.4x.
- The camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length when the teleconverter is mounted.
The camera’s autofocus performance is unaffected by the addition of the teleconverter
- An AF speed equivalent to that of the lens by itself is still achieved when the teleconverter is mounted.
- Thanks to mirrorless cameras’ “Live View” Contrast Detection autofocus, shooting at minimum aperture values is still possible despite the f-stop being increased by mounting the teleconverter. Also, accurate focusing at super-telephoto focal lengths with shallow depth of field is possible thanks to the AF performed by the image sensor.
Weather and dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation
- Using the teleconverter with a weather-resistant camera and lens, such as the "FUJIFILM X-T1" premium mirrorless camera and the "FUJINON Lens XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR", does not affect the weather resistance of the system.
High-grade subtle appearance
- The teleconverter’s high grade metal exterior has been designed with the X system in mind. When attached to a compatible FUJINON lens, the two products appear as one single lens.