Browse the categories below to reveal specially reduced items to go with this product, then click and add them to create your own unique bundle with discounted price.
Easily spread the payments with our range of finance solutions.
Choose the finance package that suits you best.
Apply from our checkout
Easy online application
We process your order
Simply choose your repayment period and choice of initial deposit. Look out for the promotional Interest Free offers.
Price of Goods: £499.00
Total amount repayable . APR representative. Annual Rate of Interest Fixed.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
Sony Alpha A6000 Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
Shoot in 0.06 seconds: the world’s fastest autofocus
The perfect moment, captured
The α6000’s Fast Hybrid AF combines the strengths of both phase- and contrast-detection autofocus. 179 phase detection points (covering almost the entire image) and high-speed contrast-detection function.
Sony launches a new age of autofocus
4D FOCUS enables superior autofocus performance in four dimensions: wide autofocus coverage (2D height and width), fast autofocus speed (3D depth) and enhanced predictive tracking (4D time).
Your camera, your color
Capture the moment as never before. α6000’s autofocus is faster than a DSLR so you never miss a shot. And with new colors to choose from, your photos aren’t the only way to express yourself.
Quality starts with the sensor
More area for more detailed images
The α6000 outclasses many cameras in its category. Its APS-C size sensor offers 1.6 times the area of 4/3 sensors, and 13 times that of the 1/2.3 sensors of typical compact digital cameras, resulting in an outstanding level of quality in every image.
Sharper details, faster AF
BIONZ X™ Processor
With three times the processing speed of earlier models, the new BIONZ X™ is able to accurately capture textures, reduce blurry details and even suppress visual noise to ensure sharp images. These advantages apply equally to still images or video.
Exmor™ CMOS sensor
The new 24.3 MP APS HD sensor features optimised light gathering (through angled micro-lenses) and improved light sensitivity.
The BIONZ X™ image processor ensures images of the highest quality, and provides the muscle needed for ultra-fast AF.
Amazing shots in low light
The extremely high ISO range lets you shoot natural, nuanced photos in dim light or indoors without a flash.
Introducing the world’s fastest autofocus
At 0.06 seconds, capture flying water drops and fleeting smiles.
The world’s fastest autofocus makes the α6000 one of the most versatile interchangeable-lens camera available; at a mere 0.06 seconds, you’re assured of getting the perfect shot in any situation from family events to sports to nature.
Never miss the perfect shot
Fast Hybrid AF
The advanced Fast Hybrid AF enables more scenes to be focused via phase-detection only (reducing reliance on the contrast-detection mode), delivering the world’s fastest AF available to capture your subject at the exact moment you intend.
Wider frame coverage
Ultra-precise 179 AF points for greater coverage.
More autofocus points mean a better chance of capturing a perfectly sharp image, and with a class-leading 179 AF points, the α6000 provides extensive frame coverage and continuous, precise location of your subject—no matter where in the frame they may be.
Split-second and ultra-sharp
11 fps continuous shooting with AF tracking
Capturing an impressive 11 photos a second wouldn’t mean much if they were blurry. That’s where the α6000 excels; you get a very high frames-per-second (fps) rate while the superior AF tracking ensures your selected subject is crisp and clear.
Video phase detection
Smooth AF enhances your movies
The α6000’s impressive AF capabilities are not just limited to still photos. It uses the same phase-detection priority to ensure fast focusing and smooth tracking to give a professional polish to your most demanding video projects.
Stop the action, not the thrills
Freeze your subject at an amazing 11 fps for dramatic shots that capture the exact moment or expression you’re looking for.
With Full 1080 HD at 60p or 24p, you can make the aesthetic choice to capture film-like motion in your videos.
AF features for any scene
Eye AF, Lock-on AF and more let you delegate that aspect to the camera, freeing you to concentrate on the content of the scene.
More camera. Less to carry.
Expert features, customisable buttons and manual controls—in a compact, lightweight design.
The α6000 is smaller and lighter than comparable DSLRs
The best camera is the one you have with you. With its compact size and light weight, the α6000 compares favourably to bulkier, heavier DSLRs. Yet with the creativity of interchangeable lenses, manual controls and more, you sacrifice nothing.
Smarter viewfinder for better photos
The OLED Tru-Finder™ EVF is another α6000 expert-level tool, with real-time data for planning and previewing shots. Exposure Control compensates for bright/dim scenes, Focus Zoom enlarges a chosen detail and Display Mode reveals histograms and more.
Lenses: the ultimate creative tool
Experiment with interchangeable E-mount lenses and beyond.
Snap, tap and share.
Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity make it simple to show, and share, your genius. Transfer of photos or videos to NFC-compatible televisions as well as Android smartphones or tablets.
PlayMemories Camera Apps
Sony’s apps make your camera smarter, effortlessly.
Add upgrades and new capabilities to your camera as your photographic skills expand.
Post that fantastic shot—right now—to your favourite social media site; you can even attach a comment.
Smart Remote Control
Get perfect selfies, group shots or unusual angles when you control your camera with a smartphone.
Improved Lock-on AF
Now more accurate than ever, due to advances in phase-detection AF, Lock-on AF enhances tracking of moving subjects by adjusting target frame size to match subjectâ€¨characteristics and ensuring usageâ€¨of the optimalâ€¨AF point at allâ€¨times.
Even when capturing a subject partially turned away from the camera with a shallow depth of field, the face is sharply focused thanks to extremely accurate Eye AF. A green frame appears over the prioritized eye when focus has been achieved.
Swift, intuitive operation
Controls are refined for intuitive DSLR-style operation while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. The mode dial enables quick selection of shooting modes with your thumb, while the control dial and control wheel make it easy to set various parameters.
- Operating System Compatibility : supported, Windows Image Mastering API(IMAPI) Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs.) Windows Vista® SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported) Windows® 7 SP1; Windows® 8; Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
- Supplied Software : Supplied Software: PlayMemories Home, Image Data Converter Version 4
- Lens Mount : Sony E-mount
- Camera Type : Mirrorless Camera
- Lens Compatibility : Sony E-mount, (Sony A-mount, Minolta/Konica Minolta Maxxum lenses confirmed via optional LA-EA adaptor)
- Continuous Shooting Speed : Continuous mode: 11fps (hi), 6fps (mid), 2.5fps (low) with AF
- Flash Sync Speed : 1/160 sec.
- Shutter Speeds : Still images: 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (in 1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode, up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode
- Self-timer : 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay
- Shutter Type : Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Drive Mode : Single Shot, Continuous shooting (Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont. / Single/ WB / DRO
- D-Range Optimizer : Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Auto Exposure Lock : Yes with AE lock button (AE also locked when shuter button is halfway: Auto/On/Off selectable)
- Exposure Compensation : Still images: ±5.0 EV(1/3EV, 1/2EV steps selectable) Movies: ±2.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable)
- Picture Effect(s) : 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Exposure Settings : iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter priority (S), Manual (M), Memoru Recal (MR), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection, Movie
- Scene Mode(s) : Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity : EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Metering : Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering
- ISO : Stills: ISO 100-25,600 selectable in 1/3 EV steps, Still Auto: ISO 100-25,000 selectable upper and lower limit, Movies: ISO 100-12,800 selectable in 1 EV steps, Movie Auto ISO 200-12,800 selectable upper and lower limit
- Noise Reduction : Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable, Multi-frame NR: Auto/ISO 100 to 51200
- Creative Style : Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box(1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- Color Temperature : 2500 to 9900K & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps)
- White Balance Mode : Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White, Cool White, Day White, Daylight), Flash, Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Temp. Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps), Custom, Underwater Auto
- Exposure Bracketing : Cont. Bracket: x3 or x5 image in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, Single Bracket: x3 or x5 image in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, White Balance Bracket: Low (LO), high (HI) DRO Balance Bracket: Low (LO), high (HI)
- Flash Bracketing : 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV steps, 3/5 frames (1.0/2.0/3.0 EV : only 3 frames) selectable
- Flash Metering System : Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation : ±3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Recycling Time : Approx. 4 sec
- Flash Modes : Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off)
- Guide Number : 6 (in meters at ISO 100)
- Flash Coverage : 16mm (focal length printed on lens body)
- Flash Type : Built-in, Pop-up
- Focus Features : Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF illuminator (with Built-in LED type) Approx. range; 0.3- approx. 3.0m (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- AF Illuminator : Built-in LED, Range: approx. 3' 4” - 9' 9” (0.3m-3.0m)
- Focus Sensitivity : EV0 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- Focus Area : Wide (179 points phase-detection AF, 25 points contrast-detection AF), Zone, Center-weighted, Flexible Spot (Small, Medium, Large)
- Focus Points : 179 points (phase-detection AF) 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes : AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C ( Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- Focus System : Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Pixel Gross : Approx. 24.7 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor : 1.5x
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color
- Effective Picture Resolution : Approx. 24.3 megapixels
- Anti Dust : Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
- Imaging Sensor : Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Processor : BIONZ X™ image processor
- NFC : Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HDMI Terminal : HDMI® micro connector (Type-D)
- DC IN : Yes via optional AC-PW20AM (sold separately)
- Memory Card Slot : Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG HX Duo™ media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- HD Output : HDMI micro connector (Type-D) BRAVIA Sync (link menu) PhotoTV HD 4K Still Image playback via HDMI to compatible 4K TV
- Wi-Fi : Yes(Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band) )
- Accessory Shoe : MI (Multi-interface shoe), Standard ISO 518:2006 design with multi-pin configuration for additional accessories
- A/V Remote Terminal : Yes, via optional RM-DSLR2 wired Multi-terminal remote
- Tripod Mount : Yes (1/4" diameter, 20 threads per inch)
- Remote Commander : Yes, via optional RM-VPR1
- USB Port(s) : USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Peaking : Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Real-time image adjustment display : Yes (On/Off)
- LCD Type : 3.0" TFT LCD (921,600 dots)
- Coverage : 100%
- Angle Adjustment : Tilt up by approx. 90 degrees, down by approx. 45 degrees
- Histogram : Yes (On/Off)
- Live View : Continuous Live View
- Brightness Control : Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Grid Display : Yes (Rule of Thirds, Square 4x6, Diagonal & Square 4x4, Off)
- Customization : Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Histogram, For viewfinder
- Zebra : Yes (levels 70, ,75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 10, 100+, off)
- Mount Material : Metal
- Optical Zoom : Approx. 3x
- Direct Manual Focus : Yes
- Low Noise During Movie Capture : Yes
- Lens Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot
- Macro Mode : Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance : 9-13/16'' (.25m) (W) - 11-13/16'' (0.3m) (T)
- AF for Movie Capture : Fast Hybrid AF
- Magnification : 0.215x
- Lens Groups-Elements : 8 groups, 9 elements (4 aspheric surfaces)
- Lens Type : Sony E-mount
- Lens Weight : 4.1 oz (116 g.)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length) : 2-5/8" x 1-13/16 (64.7 x 29.9mm)
- Aperture (Max.) : f/3.5 - 5.6
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22 - F32
- Maximum Magnification : 0.215x
- Aspheric Elements : 1 ED element, 3 aspheric elements
- Aperture Blade : 7 Blades
- Digital Zoom : Approx. 4x
- Lens Mount Type : Sony E-mount lenses
- EV Compensation : Still images: +/-3.0 EV (1/3EV steps selectable) Movies: +/-2.0 EV (1/3EV steps selectable)
- Filter Diameter : 40.5mm
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : 24mm - 77mm
- Exterior Finish : Black (NEX-5T/B)
- Angle of View : 83°-32°
- Battery Type : InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- External Power : AC Adaptor AC-PW20
- Number of Still Images : Approx. 310 shots (Viewfinder), Approx. 360 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Capacity : 1080 mAh
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation) : Approx. 2.8W (still images, with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens)
- Power Consumption (in LCD Screen Operation) : Approx. 2.4W (still images, with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens)
- Panorama Still Image Size : Wide: Horizontal 23M (12,416 x 1,856), Wide: Vertical 12M (5,536 x 2,160), Standard: Horizontal 15M (8,192 x 1,856), Standard: Vertical 8.4M (3,872 x 2,160)
- Audio Format : Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Video Format : AVCHD Ver. 2.0 / MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264))
- Video Mode : AVCHD: PS - 1920x1080/60p @28Mbps FX - 1920x1080/60i @24Mbps FH - 1920x1080/60i @17Mbps FX - 1920x1080/24p @24Mbps FH - 1920x1080/24p @17Mbps MP4: HD - 1440x1080/30fps @12Mbps, VGA - 640x480/30fps @3Mbps
- Color Space : Still: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut), Adobe RGB Movie: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color™ when connected via HDMI cable) Compatible with TRILUMINOS™ color
- Still Image Size 16:9 : L: 6000 x 3376 (20M) M: 4240 x 2400 (10M) S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Still Image Size 3:2 : L: 6000 x 4000 (24M) M: 4240 x 2832 (12M) S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Still Image Mode : RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Media Type : SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™ media
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 24.3M pixels (approx.)
- Still Image File Format : JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term : 1 Year Parts & Labor
- Type : 0.39" (1.0 cm) OLED electronic viewfinder (color), 1,440,000 dots
- Field of View : 100% (approx. 33° vewing angle)
- Magnification : Approx. 1.07x (35mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 diopter
- Diopter Adjustment : -4.0 to +3.0m-1
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approx. 4-3/4" x 2-7/8" x 1-13/16" (120mm x 67mm x 45mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : Approx. 10.1 oz (285 g) (body only) Approx. 12.1 oz (344 g) (with battery and memory stick)