Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Lens
Experience amazing focal length range and exceptional optical performance with a 22.2x zoom ratio to bring your subject closer:
Tamron have produced the world’s first ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom with a focal length range of 18mm to 400mm, designed for use on crop-sensor cameras. Now you can shoot everything from vast landscapes to the fine details on a single bird with one lens. The latest optical design includes elements such as LD (Low Dispersion) glass and aspherical lens. Moreover, problems like chromatic aberration and distortion are controlled throughout the entire zoom range, resulting in sharp, superior images, whether you’re shooting at wide-angle or telephoto. The lens also features a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9 so you can enjoy tele-macro photography. Tamron's 18-400mm is the world's first ultra-telephoto, all-in-one zoom with a 22.2x range andd telephoto equivalent to 640mm in the 35mm format.
Until now, shooting at ultra-telephoto range meant carrying large interchangeable lenses. Thanks to the all-in-one zoom technology developed by Tamron, you can travel with a single lens that’s 123.9mm long and weighs just 710g. Experience the thrill of shooting with compact equipment that makes it easy to capture ultra-telephoto images.
The 18-400mm all-in-one zoom includes an all-new barrel design. By distributing complex movements across three cams, Tamron has ensured that all zoom extensions are smooth and easy.
Tamron’s exclusive HLD (High/Low torque-modulated Drive) saves power while providing superior drive. It focuses accurately and quietly while adjusting the motor’s rotation from low to high speeds, enabling smooth autofocusing. HLD let us design a space-saving AF module, for a sleeker barrel and reduced overall lens size.
Tamron’s VC (Vibration Compensation) technology stabilizes the image in the viewfinder, so you can frame your subject and shoot a sharp image - even at ultra-telephoto ranges and in poorly lit conditions. For greater protection when shooting outdoors, leak-proof seals throughout the lens barrel help protect your equipment. The optional TAP-in Console provides a USB connection to your personal computer, enabling you to easily update your lens’s firmware as well as customize features including fine adjustments to the AF and VC
- All-in-one zoom is designed for Canon & Nikon DSLRs, and provides a 28.8-640mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two molded glass aspherical elements and one hybrid aspherical element help to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range to deliver notable sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Three low dispersion elements suppress chromatic aberration and color fringing to realize improved clarity and color accuracy.
- HLD (High/Low torque modulated Drive) motor delivers fast, precise, and responsive focusing performance that benefits both stills and video applications. The motor's design and circular arc shape also contributes to the lens's compact overall form factor.
- Vibration Compensation helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake by up to 2.5 stops for sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm is used for more precise and consistent exposure control, especially when shooting at high continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Moisture-resistant construction enables this lens's use during inclement weather conditions.
- Both the zoom and focus rings are textured for improved grip and, additionally, a Zoom Lock mechanism prevents the zoom from accidentally extending when not in use.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
||18 - 400mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28.8 - 640 mm
||Maximum: f/3.5 - 6.3
Minimum: f/22 - 40
|Camera Mount Type
||Canon EF And Nikon F
|Angle of View
||75° 33' - 4°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||17.72" (45 cm)
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio
||16 / 11
||Front: 72 mm
||Approx. 3.11 x 4.88" (79 x 123.9 mm)
||1.56 lb (710 g)
> View All Tamron 18400mm f3563 Di II VC HLD Lens Variants <