The Birdwatcher's Yearbook 2014
In 336 fact-filled pages, the Yearbook seeks to provide a comprehensive compendium of verified information covering all aspects of the hobby. Why trawl the internet endlessly, and often fruitlessly, when the information you want is all in one handy volume?
The many features of the 2014 edition include:
- A giant address book, which will enable readers to make contact with their county recorder, the nearest bird club or BTO representative, the closest bird hospital, the organisers of national bird surveys and bird conservation groups, plus so many more.
- A Birding Diary & Notebook element for recording each field trip, plus up-to-date Checklists for birds (based on the BOU British List), butterflies and dragonflies.
- Fully updated guide to more than 400 UK bird and nature reserves.
- Tide table information right through to April 2015 to help readers get the best from their coastal bird trips.
- Special features: The history of the British Birdwatching Fair, New technology being used by BTO for bird recording, Ornithological news headlines, Best Bird Books of the Year and Your guide to birding websites worth viewing.
- Birding events diary for 2014.
- Directories to lecturers, artists, photographers and trade outlets of interest to birdwatchers.