Nature Watching with Simon King
Join us and ZEISS on Thursday 17th May for a Nature Watching Experience with Simon King.
If you are new to nature watching or a seasoned birdwatcher, we are offering the chance to spend a day with Simon King. The day will include a talk from Simon King and 2 nature walks around the wonderful Avalon Marshes nature reserves using a range of ZEISS binoculars. You will learn about idenitifcation, tips & tricks, and be able to ask Simon questions throughout the day.
We will provide refreshments throughout the day, incuding lunch between the two walks, and ZEISS will be bringing a range of optics with them for you to use. Matt Brooks of ZEISS, along with Martin and Tony from the Clifton team, will be available throughout the day to ask questions about their range of optics and what might be best for you.
Tickets cost £125 per person and we only have 14 available.
This is an ideal opportunity to spend a full day with Simon King, learning from the best in the business to improve your nature watching, using some of the best optics available.
08.30 - 08.45 - Arrival Time (Refreshments available)
09.00 - Intro by CC and Zeiss
09.15 - Talk from Simon
10:00 - Demo product hand-out
10.15 - First walk departure
12.45 - Head back to centre
13.15 - Lunch
14:15 - Second walk departure
16.30 - Head back to centre
16.45 - Q&A session with refreshments
17.30 - Day ends
Simon King is a well-known British television presenter and cameraman who has created, filmed, directed or presented many award winning TV programmes and films, with some of the best known being Springwatch, Big Cat Diary, Planet Earth and Blue Planet.
Simon has been an avid fan of ZEISS Optics from an early age, having been introduced to the brand by his then friend and mentor, Mike Kendall. Although starting with a pair of 10x40B Dialyt binoculars – 32 years old and still going strong – Simon now primarily uses the flagship Victory SF binoculars.
You can find out more about Simon King and his work from the following links: https://www.simonkingwildlife.com/about-simon/ & https://www.simonkingwildlife.com/zeiss/.
Somerset’s Levels and Moors are a haven for Wonderful Wildlife. At the heart of the area lies the Avalon Marshes and its nationally important nature reserves. In the last 50 years wildlife has thrived as abandoned peat workings have been transformed and restored to lush wetlands, many of which are now designated as National Nature Reserves.
Covering around 1,500 hectares (3,700 acres), the nature reserves are a haven for a broad array of wildlife and offer the chance to see some unusual species, rarely seen elsewhere. There are many habitat types to discover including open water, reed-bed, mire, fen, meadow and wet woodland. Access is provided by numerous tracks, trails and hides.
If you'd like to find out more about our chosen venue The Avalon Marshes the follow this link : http://avalonmarshes.org/explore/nature-reserves/
Terms & Conditions
- Entrance to the event is restricted to fifteen customers, each of which must have purchased a ticket before the 13th May 2018. The 15th ticket offered as a prize draw (see item 2.)
- The prize draw is valid for purchase of ZEISS Victory SF, Victory HT, or Conquest HD binoculars from 12/04/18 until 06/05/18. The draw will take place on 07/05/18 with the winner selected at random
- If you are unable to attend the event, please notify us by sending an email to email@example.com to cancel your place. We will issue a refund for as long as we receive 7-days notice prior to the event date.
- The event is designed to enable you to experience nature watching with Simon King and use a range of ZEISS optics. You will be able to discuss the optics with ZEISS Ambassadors & Clifton Cameras Ltd.
- The following activity will be put on throughout the day, to give you the chance to use the ZEISS optics to the best of their ability: 2 nature walks
- All people attending the Nature Watching Experience will receive a welcome pack from ZEISS. Your ticket will also include a buffet lunch.
- You will also receive a number of special offers, exclusive to attendees, from ZEISS and Clifton Cameras.
- Whilst at Avalon Marshes you will be provided with teas and coffees on arrival. Refresments will be made available during the day along with a 1 hour lunch break in between the 2 nature walks. Should you have any food allergies please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are welcome to bring your own optics equipment to this event. Equipment insurance is not included, but is recommended as Clifton Cameras can not accept any liability for loss or damage to your equipment.
- All participants agree to have their photographs taken throughout the event, and for these images to be used for any activities in association with the advertising, marketing and promotion of this or future events.
- All participants allow Clifton Cameras Ltd to use images, whilst retaining full copyright, the participant has taken on the day. These images may be used in conjunction with activities associated with the advertising, marketing and promotion of this or future events.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these Terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.