Why buy a Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens?
More compact than ever, this general-purpose standard zoom lens is great for those just starting out in photography or who like to travel light. It’s a great choice for video shooters too.
The compact design makes your DSLR even more portable
- Just 61.8mm long and weighs 215g
- Wide-angle zoom settings are perfect for landscape photography
- Zoom in to use the short telephoto setting for portraits and detail pictures
Great results with a huge range of subjects
- High-quality images and movies with excellent contrast and sharpness
- A 4-stop Image Stabilizer protects against blur from camera shake, especially in low light
- Shoot pin-sharp images with STM autofocus that locks on quickly and silently
- Super Spectra coating reduces flare and ghosting and delivers startling clarity
A smooth performance when shooting movies
- STM autofocus is silky smooth when shooting video, for natural focus transitions
- The lens’s Image Stabilizer evens out camera movements for footage that’s smooth and steady
- The lens’s optics deliver movie footage that’s rich in detail with excellent sharpness
A versatile design that’s easy to use
- A manual-focus ring and Image Stabilizer and Focus Mode controls are easy to locate with the camera at your eye
- Optional lens hood preserves image quality when shooting into the light, and protects the lens from accidental knocks
- The compact design feels great with smaller DSLR bodies
*Among interchangeable-lens digital cameras with APS-C sized sensors with phase-difference detection AF on the image plane as of 14th February 2017, based on Canon research. Measured using CIPA-compliant guidelines, and internal measurement method with the lens EF-S18-55mm F4-5.6 IS STM mounted and set at 55mm using 1-Point AF with centre point selected, one-shot AF, Live View and Manual modes in use, EV12 (ISO 100 at room temperature).