The world of cameras and photography has never been more exciting. The list of cameras from the top brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Fujifilm and Panasonic grows by the day and at Clifton Cameras we are proud to stock them all. Whether you are looking for the best camera for a beginner or you are a seasoned professional looking to upgrade their kit, we have everything you need.
Our extensive range of digital cameras includes Mirrorless Cameras, Digital SLR Cameras, Digital and Bridge Cameras, Medium Format, Rangefinder, Instant, 360° and Trail cameras. Whatever your project we have the tools for you!
At Clifton Cameras we understand the work that goes into choosing equipment. We have made shopping for your new camera as easy as possible so that you can be confident that when you part with your hard-earned money, you are getting the best camera for your needs.
What camera to buy?
Choosing which camera is best for photography really depends on what you are going to be using it for. Depending on your needs you may be looking for a Mirrorless, DSLR, Digital, Bridge, Medium Format, Rangefinder, Instant, 360°, or Trail camera to best fit your requirements. Here’s a quick guide to what you might be looking for.
Mirrorless Cameras are the fastest growing area in photography. Their compact and lightweight body design, coupled with outstanding image quality makes Mirrorless Cameras highly popular with professionals and amateurs alike. Their mirrorless design allows for larger sensors and impressively detailed images. Plus, they pack in professional features such as 4K video, in-camera image stabilisation and electronic viewfinders.
Best Mirrorless Cameras to buy?
- Studio Photographers: Canon EOS R5
- Videographers: Fujifilm X-T4
- Content Creators: Canon M50 II
- Entry-level Enthusiasts: Sony A6400
Otherwise known as DSLRs, these are a classic camera style that has the backing of years of expertise. Their mechanical design means these cameras have impressive battery life and an ergonomic, durable body. Built with an optical viewfinder, the photographer looks directly through the lens so that what you see is what you get.
Best DSLR Camera to buy?
- Studio Photographers: Canon EOS 5D IV
- Videographers: Canon EOS 1DX III
- Outdoor Lovers: Pentax K1 II
- Entry-level Enthusiasts: Nikon D3500
Sometimes also known as Compact Cameras, our Digital Cameras range has something to offer for everyone. Designed to be taken on every adventure, digital cameras are highly durable. They feature one fixed lens that often has an impressive optical zoom range for capturing the action from every distance.
Best Digital Camera to buy?
- Outdoor Thrill-Seekers: Olympus Tough TG-6
- Street Photography: Ricoh GR III
- Passionate Photographers: Leica Q2
- Content Creators: Canon Powershot G7 X Mark III
Designed to look and feel like a DSLR, bridge cameras have a fixed lens and are a convenient option for photographers and videographers looking for something in between a DSLR and a Digital Camera. Many bridge cameras even have a range power equivalent to some of the best telephoto lenses but at a much more affordable price.
Best Bridge Camera to buy?
- Impressive Zoom: Nikon Coolpix P1000
- Photography Enthusiasts: Leica V-Lux 5
- Entry-level videographers: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2000
Many consider Medium Format Cameras to be the benchmark in photographic excellence. They feature a large image sensor that renders truly incredible detail even in very low light. Medium Format Cameras can also produce a much wider dynamic range than other formats, this gives photographers more flexibility when adjusting images in post-production. This is the format for professional photographers.
Best Medium Format Camera to buy?
- Compact Medium Format: Fujifilm GFX 50S II
- Billboard-Quality Detail: Fujifilm GFX 100S
- Classical Photography: Hasselblad X1D II 50C
Rangefinder cameras are much lighter and more compact than DSLR cameras. Because they do not feature an internal mirror mechanism their lenses are able to be mounted much closer to the focal plane and therefore render images that are sharper and with less edge distortion. Their near-silent mechanism makes Rangefinders excellent travel companions to street photographers.
Best Rangefinder Camera to buy?
- Black and White Photography: Leica M10 Monochrom
- Low-light Photography: Leica M10-R
- Shutter-happy Photographers: Leica M10-P
Instant Cameras have been making a huge comeback recently. These simple point and shoot cameras are incredibly fun and the joy that comes from seeing the image printed just seconds after the shot is addictive.
Best Instant Camera to buy?
- Classic Lovers: Instax Mini 40
- Bright & Fun Photographers: Instax Mini 9
- Design Devotees: Instax SQ1
- Gadget Enthusiasts: Instax SQ20
360 Degree Cameras are a relatively new and growing industry. Able to render high-quality images and video that wraps 360 degrees around the camera these are excellent for virtual tours and other VR activities.
Best 360 Degree Camera to buy?
- The All-In-One: Ricoh Theta Z1
- Outdoor Thrill-Seekers: Insta360 One R Ultimate Kit
- Incredible 11K Virtual Reality: Insta360 Titan
Trail Cameras are specialist cameras specifically designed for capturing rare images of animals out in the wild. Triggered by movement, these cameras can be mounted to trees or hidden in bushes and often work to an exceptional quality day or night.
Best Trail Camera to buy?