Leica Filter UVa II - Series VII - Black
The Leica Series 7 UVa II Glass Filter (Black) is specifically recommended for the Leica Digital M8 camera. In order to maintain maximum optical clarity, the M8 - with its superior sensor - was not designed with a total IR protection filter system.
Being the perfect protection for front lens elements, our current UVa filters became the most popular accessory for our Leica lenses. With the new UVa II filters, we have improved all optical parameters and the range has been extended to all filter dimensions in the Leica S, SL, M and T– lens range as well as for our Leica Q and X cameras.
SUPERIOR OPTICAL PRECISION• Made of high grade optical glass
• Grinded and polished with the same attention to detail as the famous Leica lenses.
• Manufactured exclusively for Leica fulfilling the strict Leica test and acceptance conditions.
UNRIVALED PERFORMANCE THROUGH LEICA MULTI COATING• Same multi coating is used as on Leica lenses
• Full image quality of the Leica lenses even in challenging lighting conditions such as backlight.
• Reduction of light reflections to only 0.35%.
PERFECT MECHANICAL CRAFTMANSHIP• Made from the same aluminum as Leica lenses
• Silver or black anodized finish to match perfectly to the Leica lenses.
• Engraved lettering instead of cheap printing
• Filter glass is held in place with a screw-ring instead of a simple clip.