Browse the categories below to reveal specially reduced items to go with this product, then click and add them to create your own unique bundle with discounted price.
Easily spread the payments with our range of finance solutions.
Choose the finance package that suits you best.
Apply from our checkout
Easy online application
We process your order
Simply choose your repayment period and choice of initial deposit. Look out for the promotional Interest Free offers.
Price of Goods: £1,749.00
Total amount repayable . APR representative. Annual Rate of Interest Fixed.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f4 IS Pro Lens
Super-light means spontaneityWith the launch of the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm 1:4.0 IS PRO, Olympus can now offer professional photographers a MFT-compatible lens for every focal length, from 14mm1 to 600mm1. The range combines M.ZUIKO’s first-class optical pedigree with the practicality demanded by photographers working on challenging projects that demand minimum clutter and maximum mobility, wherever in the world that might be. A brief comparison with SLR lenses reveals the appeal of the new PRO lens. At 1270g the M.ZUIKO tips the scales at about a quarter the weight of available SLR lenses with equivalent focal lengths. With only 227mm in length, the Olympus is also considerably more compact than any of the comparable lenses. As any pro who has ever tried to board a plane with one of those will confirm, in terms of handheld manoeuvrability and convenience, the SLR models can’t compete.
Innovations add versatilityThe M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm 1:4.0 IS PRO is not only attractive in terms of weight, size and stability, it is also equipped with a series of thoughtful features that make this one of the more versatile telephoto lenses on the market, not least because it is one of the easiest to use. The focus clutch allows the photographer to switch between pre-defined focus settings and the len’s own super-fast, high-precision AF. On the top of the lens barrel there are three switches that can likewise be operated without glancing up from the viewfinder, using just one finger. On the left, the L-Fn switch can be customised to trigger one of 27 assignable functions. Next along is the On/Off switch for the in-lens IS, for use with a tripod or stable perch. The other switch toggles the focussing area. The short-shot potential of this lens is likewise exceptional, offering magnification of 0.48x1 with as little as 1.4 metres between the subject and the camera.
Stabilisation ensures image qualityOlympus has established itself as the world leader in in-camera image stabilisation for compact system cameras and has expanded this expertise to include in-lens technology. Owners of the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm 1:4.0 IS PRO benefit from a world-first Sync IS mechanism that coordinates with the 5-axis system fitted to the OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II models. The result is enhanced compensation by 6 EV steps. This stabilises handheld stills and the EVF display, and reduces shake noticeably when recording video.
Build quality offers peace of mindThanks to the excellent build quality of the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm 1:4.0 IS PRO, a passing shower or dust storm won’t get in the way of that one-off telemacro or any other outdoor shot. When it comes to capturing wildlife, sport and other potentially fleeting moments from fashion to the performing arts, the new Olympus telephoto is practically in a world of its own. Every Olympus lens and camera comes with a free six-month warranty extension4 when registered via the MyOlympus online platform.
- Highly portable professional super-telephoto Micro Four Thirds lens boasting three world bests including world’s most compact and lightweight telephoto lens
- World’s most powerful 6-step combined Image Stabilisation system
- World’s shortest focusing distance for telemacros: 1.4m with max 0.48x zoom
- Exceptional image reproduction
- Extremely fast AF
- Ideal for handheld close-ups without blur
- Aircraft hand luggage- compliant due to compact design
- Approx 1/4 the weight of comparable DSLR rival lenses
- Barrel-mounted one-finger photo clutch for AF/pre-set focus switching
- IS On/Off switch for tripod use, L-Fn switch for 27 assignable functions
- Arca Swiss-compatible for quick tripod mount and release
- Robust design: dust-, freeze-, and splashproof
- Focal Length: 300mm
- Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 600 mm
- Aperture Maximum: f/4
- Minimum: f/22
- Camera Mount Type: Micro Four Thirds
- Format Compatibility: Micro Four Thirds
- Angle of View: 4.1°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.59' (1.4 m)
- Magnification: 0.24x
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:4.17
- Elements/Groups: 17/10
- Diaphragm Blades: 9, Rounded
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: Yes Removable - rotating
- Filter Thread: 77 mm
- Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 3.64 x 8.94" (92.5 x 227 mm)
- Weight: 52.03 oz (1475 g)