Olympus Tough TG-6 Digital Camera
Designed to follow you and your family on the most demanding adventures the TG-6 will continue to perform in the harshest weather conditions.
Tough TG-6 Features:
- 12MP CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- 25-100mm focal range and F2 lens
- 3.0"1.04m-Dot LCD screen
- UHD 4K Video Recording, Full HD at 120fps
- Built-in WiFi, GPS and Tracking
- Up to 20fps image capture
- Advanced Photo Modes like Live Composite and Pro Capture
Weatherproof features of the Olympus Tough TG-6:
- Waterproof down to 15m
- Shockproof from a height of up to 2.1m
- Dustproof sealed
- Freezeproof down to temperatures of -10º C
- Crushproof (100 kg)
What is the Olympus Tough TG-6 Camera's Image Quality like?
Combining a high-resolution lens with an F2 aperture and a 12 MP image sensor using the latest image processing technology, TruePic VIII, exceptional image quality is achieved. The wide maximum aperture of F2 makes this camera more versatile and able to perform better in low light and on subjects that require faster shutter speeds.
Whether for wide-angle landscapes or capturing detail on subjects at a distance the 4x zoom lens in combination with the 2x digital teleconverter mean you're prepared for every eventuality.
Does the Olympus TG-6 capture video?
Absolutely. Bring your adventures and memories back to life long after you've returned home by filming in 4K UHD. For added fun, you can capture some of your most epic adventures in 120 fps slow-motion giving your home movies added cinematic appeal.
Advanced photography made easy with Characteristic Modes
- Live Composite - Achieve the results of stunning long exposure shots using live composite mode. The camera captures multiple images of the same composition and combines only the areas of the frame that contains new light. This eliminates some of the overexposure issues that occur in Bulb Mode.
- HDR - Create vibrant images with deep contrast by using HDR mode to capture and collate four shots into one image. By stacking four frames of different exposures the camera is able to create one image with balanced light and wide dynamic range.
- Pro Capture - Pro Capture Mode begins recording frames with a half press of the shutter button. Once the photographer decides that the decisive moment has arrived with a full press of the button the camera will write frame recorded to memory permanently to the SD card ensuring that you don't miss the exact moment you intended to capture. Ideal for subjects where it is difficult to predict their movement or trajectory.
- Microscope Mode - This mode allows you to capture the minute details of subjects up to 1cm from the lens. This mode capture images at 7x magnification ( 35mm equivalent).
- Focus Stacking Mode - Focus stacking will compile up to 10 images with different focal points creating one beautiful image with all details in focus from foreground to background.
- Focus Bracketing Mode - Similar to focus stacking this mode will capture an image with up to 30 frames shifting the focus in each image. With third-party software, you'll then be able to compile an image in the same you would with focus stacking but with much greater range.
- Underwater Shooting Modes - The TG-6 comes complete with a series of adapted underwater modes include Macro, Microscope, Wide, Snapshot and HDR modes. These are all adapted to create optimal imagery in underwater environments where light conditions differ depending on depth, blue tones are more prevalent and white balance requires more attention.
Easy location tracking and sharing with the Olympus Tough TG-6
The TG-6 is compatible with both OI. SHARE and OI. TRACK. You'll be able to share your photos and video effortlessly with OI. SHARE while also controlling the camera from your mobile device. OI. TRACK will allow you to attach GPS, compass, manometer and temperature data to your photo and video captures.
> View All Olympus Tough TG6 Digital Camera Variants <