Sony E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Retractable lens with powered zoom
E PZ 16–50mm F3.5–5.6 OSS (SELP1650)
Great for travel, this lightweight, retractable mid-range zoom collapses down to just 29.9mm. It also features a power zoom for smooth, silent, effortless zooming.
Powered zoom for effortless control
Shooting stills or video, a powered zoom gives you maximum creative control. For added convenience, it can be operated via a zoom rocker on selected NEX cameras.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation within the lens ensures smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
Refined optical performance
Aspherical lens elements minimise distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution, and colour fidelity.
- The lens that goes where you go with a slim, compact design that retracts down to 29.9mm, it’s perfect for travel
- Effortless zooming the first E-mount lens with an electrically driven zoom, it has a smooth, silent operation – ideal for shooting video
- Noise-free shots even in low lightwith a constant maximum aperture of F4, you can use fast shutter speeds without raising ISO sensitivity unnecessarily
- Ready when you are as soon as camera power is turned on, the lens extends and is ready for shooting
- Flexibility and control in AF (Auto Focus) mode the dual-function control ring handles zoom; in MF (Manual Focus) mode, the ring offers manual control
- Big-lens performance Extra-Low Dispersion glass and four aspherical lens elements deliver accurate, distortion-free images
- Blur at its best thanks to the circular aperture you can capture attractive foreground and background blur effects
- Built-in image stabilisation Optical SteadyShot not only reduces camera shake during handheld shooting but also improves performance in low-light conditions