Sony HVL-F20M Flashgun
With a notably slim, compact design and ADI / P-TTL support, the HVL-F20M External Flash from Sony is ideal for those looking to add a little fill light to their images or for use as a wireless TTL controller for off-camera flash units without adding too much weight to their gear bag. It offers a modest guide number of 66' at ISO 100 and 50mm along with two coverage settings for 27mm or 50mm with full-frame sensors. Also, the unit can tilt the flashtube upward 75° for achieving softer, more diffuse bounce lighting.
For remote triggering of additional off-camera flash units, the HVL-F20M is able to work as a TTL controller. Also, it has slow, first and second curtain sync settings and will recycle in 0.1 to 5 seconds. Additionally, it runs on 2 AAA batteries and comes with a terminal protector cap and a carrying case.
This unit is compatible with Sony's Multi Interface Shoe and is not natively compatible with the older Sony/Minolta Auto-Lock Accessory Shoe. Though, with the use of ADP-AMA Shoe Adapter, Sony cameras with the Auto-Lock Accessory Shoe can be adapted to use Multi Interface Shoe external flashes with full compatibility.
Goes the distance
Throws light further than a built-in flash with GN20 brightness.
Pro-style flash effects
Angle the flash for bounce effects to give natural illumination.
Control other flashes wirelessly for easy multi-flash effects.
- Flash Modes : Bounce Upward angle: 75 degrees
- Guide Number : GN20
- Flash Coverage : GN20 = up to 20 meters (65 ft) at ISO100 with 50mm lens
- Number of Flashes : More than 90 times (Alkaline battery)
- Power Source : 2 x AAA Batteries; Alkaline, NiMH
- Material : Poly-carbonate plastic
- Flash Modes : Automatic Light Control
- Storage Temperature : (-4 to +140°F (-20 to +60°C)
- Battery Type : AAA Alkaline /AA Ni-MH - requires 2
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : (WHD) 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 31/32 inches (62 x 114 x 24mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : (105g) 3.7oz