Why Buy the Pentax Papilio II 6.5x21 Binoculars?
The Pentax Papilio binoculars hidden secret is their ability to close focus. With a minimum focus distance of 50.8cm between the objective lenses and your subject, this unique binocular offers an exclusive tool to observe nature, almost acting as a high quality magnifying glass! Things like flowers, butterflies, dragonflies, animal footprints and landscape features can be viewed with ease thanks to these close focusing binoculars. Suitable for use in museums and galleries too and with a centre focus wheel, you can bring your target into focus quickly and easily.
The compact and lightweight Papilio II 6.5x21 Binocular combines aspherical optical elements and BAK4 Porro prisms to deliver edge-to-edge sharpness with a 49° apparent angle of view and offer fully multi coated optics. The wide field of view and compact design makes tracking subjects easy, perfect for bird watching.
Who are the Pentax Papilio II Binoculars Aimed at?
Put simply, everyone! Whether you’re looking for a compact pair of binoculars for every day use or you need a ‘second pair’ to pull from your pocket when you spot that butterfly perched on a flower, the Pentax Papilio II will suit your needs. Supplied with a rain guard, carry case and next strap, you have everything you need to get out in the field and start using them. An exit pupil score of 3.2 means you should get plenty of light through the barrel, giving clarity to your subjects and with a generous eye relief, glasses wearers will suffer no reduction in field of view. Interpupillary and diopter adjustments means you can tweak the optic to your requirements.
Why buy the 6.5x21 rather than the 8.5x21?
The 6.5 magnification offers a wider field of view and larger exit pupil. If your primary use of the Papilio will be the close focus capability, you should choose the 6.5x21 over the 8.5x21.
Features and Benefits of the Papilio II 6.5x21
- No other binoculars like them on the market
- C.L.O.S.E. (Convergent Lens Optical System Engineering) allows minimum focusing distance of 1.6 feet.
- Ideally suited for viewing birds, insects, flowers, artwork / printed materials or any other object at close range
- Revolutionary dual-axis, single body housing with synchronized eyepiece adjustment to assure correct optical alignment for comfortable viewing
- High-quality BaK4 prisms for maximum illumination in low light
- Fully multi-coated optics reduce glare and harmful UV rays while providing maximum light transmission and color quality
- Fast and easy center focus design for handling ease
- Tough rubber housing improves grip and shock resistance
- Helicoid eyepiece rings for extra viewing comfort
- Fully-multi-coated optics ensure maximum light transmission, resulting in high-quality viewing. Every surface of every element is fully coated, minimizing internal glare and flare and giving a bright clear view.
- BAK4 Porro prisms
- Aspherical optical elements offer edge-to-edge image sharpness
- Fully multicoated optics
- Angular field of view: 7.5°
- Minimum focus of 20"/50.8cm
- Interpupillary adjustment
- Diopter adjustment
- Single piece objectives' frame allows for a synchronized interpupillary adjustment
- Contoured body provides a comfortable grip
- Center focus knob offers an easy focusing
- Twist-up rubber eyecups
- Integrated 1/4"-20 tripod socket