STC Clip IRP720 Filter
The STC clip IRP720 Filter clips directly onto your camera's sensor to minimise colour shift in your images and ensures a clear focus. Ideal for infrared photography they allow infrared light to reach the imaging sensor while preventing visible light. This results in a more detailed, sharper and higher-in-contrast image.
As the Filter is mounted directly onto the sensor it solves the issue of colour shift that can occur on wide-angle lenses.
This innovative and unique design eliminates the need for additional filters, filter holders and adapter rings for different sized lenses that you would need for conventional filter systems.
The ability to clip the filter directly onto the sensor allows it to be used with different sized lenses that would normally require different filter sizes for each ultimately saving you money whilst still providing a high-quality image. The filters are easy and quick to install and remove and feature double-sided NANO Anti-smudge coating that is water and grease-proof.
Please note that filters are not compatible with all camera models so check the compatibility list below.
- Reduces colour shift
- Parallel focal plane ensures clear focusing
- Quick and easy mounting
- The filter itself is made from Absorbing IR Glass
- 94% transmission and 100-deg reflectivity
- A2 stainless steel
- The glass in the frame can be replaced with another filter including an Astro Filter or the ND filter
- Double-sided NANO anti-smudge coating
- Recommended focal distance for the used lens is 14mm or more
- Optical axis will change with the installation of the clip filter as the angle of view will become wider
- To get the best effect use the Live View mode as you will have to lift the mirror to install the filter which can block the optical viewfinder.
- Please note that for the best effect the clip filter should be used with an infrared converted camera