Browse the categories below to reveal specially reduced items to go with this product, then click and add them to create your own unique bundle with discounted price.
Nikon 800mm f5.6E FL ED VR AF-S NIKKOR Lens
A super-telephoto lens, ideal for news photography and shooting distant subjects in track and field, winter sports, and water sports. This premium lens includes a dedicated, custom-tuned 1.25x teleconverter that extends the focal length to 1000 mm with effective maximum aperture of f/7, while maintaining outstanding optical performance.
Its durable magnesium alloy body and two fluorite elements substantially minimize lens weight and shift the center of gravity to the rear, providing comfortable, well-balanced handling. The fluorite elements achieve higher transmission rates and lower dispersion than regular or ED glass elements.
Electromagnetic aperture control provides highly accurate control of the rounded diaphragm blades, delivering enhanced stability of auto exposure control during continuous shooting. The Vibration Reduction feature minimizes the effect of camera shake, letting you use shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower.
- FX-format compatible, super-telephoto single-focal-length lens with a focal length of 800 mm and a maximum aperture of f/5.6.
- Dedicated teleconverter: the AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED is supplied with the lens (this item is not sold separately). The first teleconverter to feature an ED glass element, each one is custom-tuned to optimally match each individual lens, extending the focal length to 1000 mm with effective maximum aperture of f/7.
- High optical performance: the optical system incorporates two fluorite and two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements for light weight and minimal chromatic aberration.
- Nano Crystal Coat: effectively reduces ghosting and flare even in backlit situations.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) stabilization system: lets you use shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism: enhances stability in auto-exposure control during continuous shooting (not compatible with the D2 series, D1 series, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70 series, D3000, D60, D50, D40 series, F6).
- Filter: features a 52 mm screw-in filter holder, and includes a 52 mm NC filter.
- Closest focusing distance: 5.9 m from focal plane (5.8 m in manual focus).
- Magnesium alloy: ensures the body is lightweight and rugged.
- Lightweight: the lens weighs approx. 4560 g (160.8 oz). The teleconverter weighs approx. 150 g (5.3 oz).
|Type||Type E AF-S lens with built-in CPU and F mount|
|Focal length||800 mm|
|Lens construction||20 elements in 13 groups (including 2 ED lens elements, 2 fluorite elements, and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings) and 1 protective glass element|
|Angle of view||Nikon FX-format D-SLR cameras: 3° 10′ Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 2°|
|Focusing||Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus|
|Minimum focus distance||5.9 m (19.36 ft) from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||1/6.7x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Diaphragm||Automatic electronic aperture control|
|Aperture range||f/5.6 to f/32|
|Filter-attachment size||52 mm (P = 0.75 mm)|
|Dimensions||Approx. 160 mm maximum diameter x 461 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approx. 4590 g (10.1 lb)|