Nikon 50mm f1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens
50mm wide-aperture standard lens with high-quality optics and Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for whisper-quiet operation.
Features a large maximum aperture of f/1.4 that ensures a bright viewfinder image, and is ideal for low-light shooting situations or when a shallow depth of field is desired.
- 50mm wide-aperture standard lens (35mm equivalent: 75mm when used with a Nikon DX-format SLR).
- Large maximum aperture of f/1.4.
- Advanced optical design minimizes flare and chromatic aberration.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, quiet autofocus.
- Two focus modes: M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus).
- IF (Internal Focusing) design for fixed lens length.
- Non-rotating front element allows use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories.
- Focus ring does not rotate during AF operation.
8 elements in 7 groups
Closest focusing distance
0.45 m/1.5 ft.
No. of diaphragm blades
Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)
Approx. 73.5 x 54 mm/2.9 x 2.1 in.
Approx. 280 g/9.9 oz.
58mm snap-on front lens cap LC-58, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-47, Flexible lens pouch CL-1013