Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Lens
Bright, high performance portrait lens
E 50mm F1.8 OSS (SEL50F18)
Perfect for portraiture and a range of other subjects, the F1.8 max aperture and optical image stabilisation provide impressive picture quality, even in low-light.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation within the lens ensures smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
Refined optical performance
The lens has an innovative optical design to achieve clear, high-quality images by effectively minimising distortion and chromatic aberration.
Fast, agile focusing
An internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
- Bright, wide aperture lens with 50mm fixed focal length, ideal for portraits and general photography
- F1.8 maximum aperture allows creation of smooth background defocus effects (bokeh) - ideal for flattering your portrait subject
- Stylish, light and easy to carry with high quality aluminium alloy finish on barrel
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation within lens for crisp, stable handheld portraits. Silent mechanism during movie recording
- Wide aperture and Optical SteadyShot make lens highly suitable for atmospheric handheld portraits without flash in dim light
- Innovative optical design achieves clear, high-quality images with minimised distortion and chromatic aberration
- Smooth, quiet, high speed autofocus with linear motor - ideal for HD movie shooting
- 7-blade circular aperture for beautiful defocus effects
- Direct Manual Focus disengages AF motor for precise, fine manual focusing control
> View All Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Lens Variants <