iStorage diskAshur2 256-bit Hard Drive
The iStorage diskAshur2 is an excellent choice of hard drive for photographers and videographers alike, who deal with sensitive data on a daily basis. Incorporating highly advanced security measures, this HDD hard drive is PIN-protected and full encrypted, using FIPS PUB 197 validated, AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption to comply with security and confidentiality laws. Remove the worry of losing valuable data due to cybercrime or human error, the dishAshur2 is protected against brute force attacks and is also water, dust and tamperproof.
The choice for photographers and videographers
The iStorage diskAshur2 is the hard drive for any photographers and videographers who deal with sensitive data, for example:
- Product photography of items under NDA access
- Images of children such as for school photography
- Client information and contact details
The diskAshur2 complies with the most recent data security and confidentiality laws, including GDPR, CCPA and HIPAA. Knowing that you are storing your data in a PIN-protected drive not only offers you and your client’s peace of mind but also frees you from any hefty fines for not complying with confidentiality laws.
The drive has lightning-fast, backwards compatible USB 3.2 Gen 1 data transfer speeds with read speeds up to 160MB/s and write speeds of up to 143MB/s. This fast transfer speed is ideal for busy content creators working with large file quantities.
The diskAshur2 is easy to use, but difficult to hack. It requires you to enter a 7-15 digit PIN in order to access the data on the drive. When disconnected all data is encrypted using FIPS PUB 197 validated AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption for additional security. The diskAshur2 can also be set to auto-lock after a predetermined period of time.
Peace of mind
Nothing keeps photographers and videographers up at night more than the thought of losing their data. With the diskAshur2, this thought can be put at ease. All data is stored using military-grade AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption software that is FIPS 140-3 Level 3 compliant. The diskAshur2 also requires no additional software downloads to run, it will work with any computer with a USB port meaning that no matter where you are, you can still access your files.
Tamperproof, waterproof, and dustproof
The diskAshur2 incorporates a highly rugged design to offer excellent protection against the weather, human error and tampering.
|The design clearly shows if a drive has been pried open and tampered with. All components are covered by a layer of super-tough epoxy resin that is virtually impossible to remove without causing permanent damage to the components. The keypad is wear-resistant, covered with a polymer coating that protects the keys and hides key usage, making it more difficult to guess PIN numbers.|
Waterproof & dustproof
|IP56 certified, meaning that the drive is waterproof and dustproof against the elements|
Protected against cybercrime
The diskAhure2 is highly protected against cybercrime and external attacks. The design incorporates an EAL 5+ (Hardware Certified) secure microprocessor that enhances the security of the drive, by generating a random numbered algorithm. The diskAshur2 is the ultimate security device to keep hackers at bay by detecting and responding to tampering with features such as:
- Dedicated hardware for protection against SPA/DPA/SEMA and DEMA attacks
- Advanced protection against physical attacks including Active Shield, Enhance Protection Object, CStack checker, Slope Detector and Parity Errors
- Environmental Protection Systems protect against voltage monitor, frequency monitor, temperature monitor and light protection
- Secure Memory Management/Access Protection
- Self-destructing when a pre-programmed PIN is entered, deleting all data, PINs and the encrypted encryption key forever
- The drive can be reset as many times are you choose. Each time the encrypted encryption key, all PINs and data are fully erased and a new encrypted encryption key is generated
Brute force hack defence
Intelligently programmed to protect itself against brute force attacks, the diskAshur2 will allow a PIN to be incorrectly entered up to 15 consecutive times before deleting its database.
- First 5 incorrect PIN entries: the drive freezes, and must be disconnected and reconnected to the USB port to get a further 5 PIN entry attempts.
- Next 5 incorrect PIN entries: the disk will freeze again, this time (at the 10th incorrect entry) the “shift” button must be pressed whilst inserting the USB cable to the USB port and the correct PIN must be entered.
- Last 5 incorrect PIN entries: on the 15th consecutive incorrect PIN entry, the diskAshur2 assumes it is being attacked and will permanently delete the encryption key and all stored data, locking itself. The drive then has to be factory reset to be redeployed.
Independent User & Admin Access
Particularly useful for corporations and government deployment, the diskAshur2 can be set for two users: an Admin and a User. These two user options allow for access to certain files to be restricted or read-only. This two-step setup also adds additional security and access options. For example, if the User forgets their PIN the drive can be unlocked using the Admin PIN who can then set a new User PIN.
How does the iStorage diskAshur2 help me?
- Protects your data against cyber-attacks, data leakage and human error
- Complies with data security and confidentiality laws, such as GDPR, CCPA and HIPAA
- Avoid hefty fines as a result of non-compliance as well as additional expenses involved in a breach
- Keeps a secure offline back-up of your data that you can access and quickly restore in the event of a ransomware attack
- Gains customer trust
- Promote a positive brand reputation
- Encourage data protection best practices across the organisation
- Maintains business continuity
- Encrypted, PIN-protected HDD hard drive
- For creators working with sensitive data
- GDPR compliant
- Military-grade encryption software
- Tamperproof and protected against brutal attacks
- Offers invaluable peace of mind against data loss
What’s in the box?
- Portable iStorage diskAshur2 hard drive with integrated USB cable
- Protective carry case
- Quick start guide
- 3 year warranty
Check out our blog The Photographers Best Kept Secret Hard Drive
Is the iStorage diskAshur2 certified?
The diskAshur2 is not officially certified, however it does use the top encryption software. For a certified iStorage disk look at the diskAshur M2.
Is iStorage accredited in any way?
There is an impressive list of companies that use iStorage devices on a daily basis including the Ministry of Defence, Marvel and Pinewood Studios, the BBC, the NHS and Unilever. You are certainly in good company for using this drive.
What is FIPS 140-3 Level 3?
FIPS stands for Federal Information Processing Standard, which is a US and Canadian standard for validating the security of cryptographic hardware. 140-3 Level 3 is the most up to date version of FIPS.
Which Operation Systems is the diskAshur2 compatible with?
MS Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, Chrome, Thin Clients, Zero Clients, Embedded Systems, Citrix and VMware
I will be using the diskAshur2 for personal use, do I need an Admin and User PIN?
We recommend those who purchase the drive for personal use have just one PIN, whereas for those using the diskAshur2 in a corporate environment we strongly suggest creating an Admin PIN and User PIN.
What does Admin mode allow me to do?
Admin mode allows you to:
- Recover data from the drive and configure a new User PIN in the event an employee has forgotten their PIN
- Retrieve data from the drive if an employee leaves the company
- Set policies such as ‘Read-Only’
- The Admin PIN can be used to override all user settings.
What happens if I forget my PIN?
If you forget your User PIN then a new one can be created by the Admin. If the Admin PIN is forgotten then the drive will have to be factory reset. For a drive where a one-time recovery PIN can be configured then we suggest the diskAshur M2.