Sony FDR-X1000V 4K Action Camera
Amazing action, astounding 4K
Your adventures are just as thrilling on screen as in real life, thanks to the FDR-X1000V Action Cam’s beautiful 4K image quality, better blur reduction, and more.
Bring great to the great outdoors
Enjoy Action Cam’s 4K quality and other advanced features.
Sony’s latest addition to its Action Cam line-up FDR-X1000V combines all the features experienced users have been waiting for. 4K picture quality is equal to that of current Hollywood blockbusters, the professional-grade XAVC S codec ensures beautiful footage with high bitrate recording, and handy features like the Highlight Movie Maker help you turn your shots into a mesmerizing masterpiece.
Shoot in 4K quality and capture dynamic yet subtle details with the high 4K 100Mbps. The FDR-X1000V Action Cam is sure to become your go-to companion for adventure.
Capture active scenes with high-precision. The sensor reads out image data from every pixel which frees the video from aliasing, moire and false color artifacts.
Slow is stunning
Supports high-frame-rate Full HD/120p and HD/240p to record fast action for amazing slo-mo footage.
Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
Cutting-edge sensor packs in more pixels for low-noise shooting in dark settings, using only incident light.
BIONZ X™ processor
Blazing upto 100Mbps/4K, 50Mbps/Full HD recording for fast action and smooth motion.
170° ultra-wide ZEISS Tessar® lens
Panoramic 170° viewing angle is the perfect way to capture expansive landscape and dynamic aerial image.
SteadyShot gets even steadier
Boost your image stabilization by almost 3 times
Shoot everything from motocross to aerial landscapes with the SteadyShot feature. It’s especially effective against low amplitude vibration—such as that caused by radio-controlled helicopters.
Wind Noise Reduction
Record clear and real sound with Sony's built-in stereo mic and wind noise reduction.
Make your movies as exciting as your stunts
Action Cam comes loaded with features such as Live Streaming, burst shooting, and more that let you capture the amazing footage that makes your movies stand out.
Movie footage? Perfect still? Your choice.
Interval Still Recording expands your options
Select shooting intervals of 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds, and capture the motion of active subjects not only as movie footage but also as still images.
Enchant your audience now
Live Streaming, no waiting
Nothing’s more exciting then watching the action as it happens…especially if you or family and friends are quite distant. Wi-Fi and the USTREAM site let you instantly share the fun.
Burst shooting lets you pick the defining moment
Shoot top-quality images and still enjoy the flexibility to choose the exact spin, twist, or expression you prefer. Settings are 10fps/1sec, 5fps/2sec, and 2fps/5sec.
Heart-stopping stop action
Motion Shot LE delivers the perfect moment
Now you can capture the path of a moving object—all in one striking image. Settings range from 10fps/1sec to 2fps/5sec so you can get a great shot no matter the subject’s speed.
Your shots, your way
Have a say in how your Action Cam shoots with full control of the manual settings.(WB and AE shift)
Get the shot, every time
Never run out of space again with Loop Recording; variable intervals allowed.
Full command with Live-View Remote
RM-LVR2 lets you make use of on-site playback and footage checking, and delete unnecessary footage to optimise recording capacity.
Multi Camera Control
Use up to five cameras to get exciting ground-up or head-down shots. And control them all effortlessly with the optional Live-view wrist remote and smartphone with PlayMemories Mobile ™ app.
Start crafting your masterpiece
OK, you’ve shot some incredible footage. Now it’s time to meld it all into an unforgettable movie that will please you and astound family and friends. Use the tools outlined below.
More fun. More glory. Less work.
Let Highlight Movie Maker assemble a share-ready clip
Forget troublesome editing, or finding good stuff within long footage. Highlight Movie Maker takes care of all that with a “best of the best” clip that’s ready to share on social media.
Mobile app lets you prove yourself
Now Action Cam App makes everything easy
You can enjoy editing your footage even right after shooting with your Action Cam anytime, anywhere.
Move effortlessly from Director to Editor
Action Cam Movie Creator makes expert editing stress-free
Loaded with features like background music selection, GPS data overlay, movie rotation, video merge, and slow/fast-forward editing, you’re going to find the Editor’s chair very comfortable.For Windows/Mac.
Tough camera, easy choice
For shooting as unlimited as your imagination
The FDR-X1000V is ready to go everywhere. Its IPX4-class splashproof design shrugs off wet weather like fog and drizzle. For challenging shoots, the included waterproof case is good down to 10m while the optional dive door accessory will handle an amazing 60m. And of course it’s heat, dust, and sand resistant. So plan you next adventure with no limits.
- Image Stabilization : Electronic SteadyShot™ image stabilization w/ Active mode
- Dustproof : Yes (In use with Waterproof Case (SPK-X1))
- Wi-Fi : Yes
- Interval Recording : Yes (photo) (1s/2s/5s/10s/30s/60s)
- Waterproof : Yes (In use with Waterproof Case (SPK-X1))
- Airplane Mode : Yes
- Power Save : Yes
- Shockproof : Yes (In use with Waterproof Case (SPK-X1))
- Embedded GPS : Yes
- Highlight Movie Maker : Yes
- Time Code : Yes (XAVC S only)
- Loop Recording : Yes
- Camera Type : Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder
- Auto Non Flicker : Yes
- Gain Control : Auto
Color : White
- Date / Time Stamp : Yes
- Multiple Language Display : English French Brazilian Portugese Turkish
- Media/Battery Indicator : Yes (recordable time) / Yes (remaining capacity)
- On Screen Main Indicators : Recording Mode; Image stabilization; GPS Tracking Status; Shooting Mode Status
- Image Management File Repair : Yes (AUTO)
- Video Playback Options : Highlight Movie Maker
- Remote Control : Yes (REC S/S, and TC Reset only)
- Fast Playback : About 5 times/10 times
- Display Panel : Yes
- Shutter Speeds : Auto Control Range: 1/30 - 1/10,000 (30fps)
- Self-timer : Yes
- Drive Mode : Single Shooting / Burst Shooting / Motion Shot LE
- Exposure Compensation : AE Shift
- Minimum Illumination : 6 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Exposure Settings : Auto
- Scene Mode(s) : Auto/Underwater
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment
- Backlight Compensation : Yes (Auto)
- Noise Reduction : Yes
- White Balance Mode : Auto / Color Temp / Custom
- Processor : BIONZ® X image processor
- Pixel Gross : Approx.12.8 MP
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Effective Picture Resolution : Movie: Approx.8.8 MP(16:9) Still: Approx.8.8 MP(16:9)
- Imaging Sensor : 1/2.3" (7.81mm) back-illuminated Exmor® R CMOS Sensor
- Recording pixels (photo, 16:9) : Approx.8.8 Megapixels
- NFC : Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- HDMI Terminal : Yes (HDMI micro)
- Memory Card Slot : Memory Stick Micro™ and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- HD Output : HDMI Out(micro)(sold separately)
- Wi-Fi (Opt. Acc) : Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- USB Port(s) : micro-B/USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage)
- Wi-Fi : Yes (IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal : Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes
- SD Output : Composite Video Out(AV CABLE VMC-15MR2(sold separately))
- Microphone Input : Stereo Minijack
- Lens Stabilization : Advanced SteadyShot(TM) Image Stabilization
- Minimum Focus Distance : Approx. 19 3/4inch (Approx. 50cm)
- Lens Type : ZEISS Tessar
- Focal Distance : f=2.8mm, f=1/9inch
- Steady Shot Mode:Active : 21.8mm
- Aperture : F2.8
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : Movie: f=17.1mm(170°), f=21.8mm(120°) Photo: f=17.1mm(170°), f=21.8mm(120°) Interval Photo Recording: f=17.1mm(170°), f=21.8mm(120°)
- Angle of View : 170° (without SteadyShot), 120° (with SteadyShot)
- Power Requirements : 3.6V (battery pack)
- Battery Type : NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : Approx.2.0W
- Charge on camcorder (Charging time with supplied Battery) : Yes (approx. 4h 05min)
- Progressive Mode : Yes
- Video Signal : UHDTV, HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards, PAL color, CCIR standards
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in Microphone, Monaural Speaker
- Video Resolution : MP4 PS:1920x1080 60p/50p, HQ:1920x1080 30p/25p, STD:1280x720 30p/25p, HS120(HS100):1280x720 120p/100p HS240(HS200):800x480 240p/200p XAVC S 4K 30p: 3840x2160 30p/25p 24p: 3840x2160 24p XAVC S HD 120p:1920x1080 120p/100p 240p:1280x720 240p/200p 60p:1920x1080 60p/50p 30p:1920x1080 30p/25p 24p:1920x1080 24p
- Audio Format : MP4/MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch XAVC S/LPCM 2ch
- Video Format : MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 XAVC S format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Still Image Mode : JPEG
- Still Image File Format : DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Media Type : Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher), XAVC S (50Mbps) Micro SDXC Memory Card (Class10 or Higher), XAVC S (60Mbps) Micro SDXC Memory Card (Class10 or Higher), XAVC S (100Mbps) Micro SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I U3 or Higher)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : Approx.8.8 Megapixels
- Still Image Size(Photo Mode) : PHOTO Mode Approx.8.8 MP 16:9 (3952x2224); Interval Photo Recording Mode Approx.2.1 MP 16:9 (1920x1080); Motion Shot LE Photo Recording Mode Approx.2.2 MP 16:9 (1984x1120)
- Wind Noise Reduction : Yes (Off / On)
- Video Actual (Pixel) : Approx.8.8 MP
- USB Charging : DC 5 V 500 mA/800 mA
USB Power Supply
- USB Power Supply : Yes (1.5A or more is recommended)
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.) (Total) : Approx. 4.0oz (Approx. 114g) (NP-BX1(supplied battery))
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approx.31/32inch x 2 1/8inch x 3 1/2inch (Approx.24.4mm x 51.7mm x 88.9mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : Approx. 3.1oz (Approx. 89g)
Easily spread the payments with our range of finance solutions.
Choose the finance package that suits you best.
Apply from our checkout
Easy online application
We process your order
Simply choose your repayment period and choice of initial deposit. Look out for the promotional Interest Free offers.
Price of Goods: £299.00
Total amount repayable . APR representative. Annual Rate of Interest Fixed.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.