Sony E 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Compact 3x zoom with image stabilisation
E 18–55mm F3.5–5.6 OSS Zoom (SEL1855)
The SEL1855 offers comfortable framing and capture of landscapes, snapshots, portraits and more. Built-in image stabilisation enables handheld shooting in low light.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation within the lens ensures smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
Refined optical performance
To optimise performance, aspherical lens elements maintain high contrast (even with the aperture wide open) and minimise distortion and flatness of the image plane.
Fast, agile focusing
An internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
- Compact standard zoom lens with 3x zoom range
- Stylish, light and easy to carry with high quality aluminium alloy finish on barrel
- Ideal for wide range of general-purpose shooting applications, from landscapes and portraits to travel
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation within lens for crisper, clearer handheld shooting at all zoom settings. Silent mechanism during movie shooting
- High-performance optics with 4 aspheric surfaces for excellent contrast and sharpness
- Smooth, quiet, high-speed autofocus and aperture adjustment: ideal for still and HD movie shooting
- 7-blade circular aperture for beautiful defocus effects
- Direct Manual Focus with non-rotating focus ring during AF: ideal for precise, comfortable manual focus adjustments